Ziglift Material Handling is proud to partner up with Interlake Mecalux to showcase the latest in automated storage system technology, the all new Pallet Shuttle System. The Pallet Shuttle System is the ideal solution for handling high volumes of single-SKU pallets, as well as intense loading and unloading activities. The Pallet Shuttle is a high-density semi-automated storage system that uses a motorized shuttle to carry pallets inside storage lanes and is your solution to maximizing storage capacity and enhancing productivity.
The shuttle follows orders sent by an operator through a WiFi connected tablet. It deposits its load in the first free location in the channel, while compacting the pallets as much as possible. Not having forklift traffic inside the lanes increases storage capacity in terms of depth and decreases the risk of accidents. Damage to the shuttle racks is then negligible, operator movements are optimized and warehouse operations modernized and made more flexible.
To view a quick demo on the easy operation of the Pallet Shuttle system, click the video below! Ziglift is excited to share this new automated solution with our customers and is the exclusive dealer in California, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico!
If you are interested in viewing an in-person demo of the system or would like to request more information, please contact us or visit our new Pallet Shuttle System demos at either our new Rialto, California warehouse or at our Surprise, Arizona warehouse!
Ziglift Rialto Office
1850 W Vineyard Ave
Rialto, CA 92377
Ziglift Surprise Office
13770 W Peoria Ave
Surprise, AZ 85379
Request Information or Quote
- Store more pallets deep, since channels can stand more than 131 ft high. The maximum verticality is determined by the handling equipment used.
- The system works with minimal clearances between levels, which permits high-density storage.
- Built-in sensors on the shuttles help position loads intelligently, eliminating empty spaces in the storage lanes. As a result, the effective capacity of the warehouse (which considers goods flowing in and out of the warehouse) reflects its physical capacity.
- Loading and unloading times are reduced, since the operator does not have to move around inside the lanes.
- The shuttle can travel at speeds of 295 ft/min when empty, or 148 ft/min when loaded.
- Load lifting cycle of just 2 seconds.
- With just a single command, the shuttle can progressively fill or empty a whole lane.
- More goods flowing in and out of the warehouse.
- Unlike standard drive-in systems, items can be grouped by channels, rather than requiring a full lane. Greater product diversification is the result.
- Optimization of operator movements through the product-to-person system, i.e., the load that moves to the operator.
- While the Pallet Shuttle carries out a command, the operator collects another pallet, achieving continuous workflows.
- Depending on temperature and load conditions, the shuttle can operate up to 10 hours, working at full performance.
- The easy-access lithium batteries have fast connections, makeing them cable-free. So, battery units can be changed quickly without interrupting the operational cycle.
- Elimination of errors.
- The shuttle rack system is easy to use and maintain.
- A single tablet can control up to 18 shuttles.
- Inventory function means the shuttle counts how many pallets are stored in a channel.
- These benefits, combined with its efficient energy use, lead to immediate cost savings, making the Pallet Shuttle one of the most cost-effective compact storage systems around.
- The shuttle has built-in sensors that enable different types of pallets to be detected and handled.
- The 4048 and 4840 Pallet Shuttle models work with different pallet sizes and widths. For example, the 4048 model can handle 40 inch deep pallets (and around 48 inch front ways). The 4840 model can handle 48 inch deep GMA pallets.
- All shuttles can operate in LIFO or FIFO mode. The operator simply selects the mode they wish to work with from the tablet.
- The shuttle platform is designed to carry pallets that have a 1 inch max. buckling limit.
- Any type of forklift can be used to handle the shuttle.
- Handle up to 3,307 lbs per pallet.
- Install the Easy WMS Interlake Mecalux Warehouse Management System Easy WMS on any compatible operator tablet.
- As a scalable system, it is easy to increase the number of shuttles in operation to match increasing productivity needs.
- Thanks to the way that the structure is built, and given that forklifts do not need to drive into the shuttle racks, the risk of accidents is practically non-existent. The metallic bays are not damaged, thus maintenance is kept to a minimum.
- A user management feature prevents unauthorized personnel from operating the shuttles.
- Both the racking and the shuttles have built-in safety features specifically designed to ensure the Pallet Shuttle system operates correctly: rail end stops, pallet centralizers, position sensors, etc.